I have tried many recipes for sugar cookies...looking for something that can be rolled out for cut-out shape cookies. This recipe is my favourite yet! I used coconut sugar as I was out of white and I am wondering if that is what made these so fluffy and delicious!
3/4 cup Crisco Vegetable Shortening
1 cup granulated sugar (or as I used -Coconut Sugar)
2 eggs worth of egg-replacer (prepared as directed)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
safe sprinkles (allergen free)
- Cream Crisco, sugar, egg replacer, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and creamy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, mixing on low speed until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour if desired for easy rolling. (I personally find it easier with warm dough)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll half of the dough at a time.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4" thickness
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are light brown. (I personally like these cooked just for 8 minutes so they are softer and fluffy).
- Cool slightly then transfer to cooling rack. Yum!!!!
This recipe was adapted to be allergen free from: christmas-cookies.com